UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My wifes 2002 206cc had developed a small leak into the car…

Customer Question
my wifes 2002 206cc had...
my wifes 2002 206cc had developed a small leak into the car on the rear window.. she opened the roof and stopped with boot lid up and roof in boot to allow dampness to go.....now the boot lid sticks in open position when opening roof but will close no problem if i close roof...we did have to change dead battery during this time but i did use jump leads to keep power on car so as not to lose radio as do not have code..so no lose of battery power.... any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
1/29/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What may have occurred here as I have seen before is one of the roof position/limit switches may be faulty internally on its own or may have become wet and damaged and failed causing this here.This can be common.What needs to be done from here is a compatible scan tool or computer needs plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.The scan tool or computer can also be used to monitor the switch signals to see if one or more of the switches is found to be at fault needing replaced to correct this issue.Once this is repaired the roof should operate properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete