UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a cmax 05 plate years and now suddenly the radio goes…

Customer Question
I have a cmax 05...
I have a cmax 05 plate for 3 years and now suddenly the radio goes into phone mode. Intermittent at first now nothing. I actually replaced the radio thinking it was the problem but now as it's happened again i not convinced? Can you please help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
1/29/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model uses a phone button to place phone calls on the steering wheel this button itself can be shorting out causing this issue here as I have seen and had to replace before.If it does use a separate button for phone calls off to the side of the radio or on the steering wheel try and disconnect it and see if the fault still continues.If it does not then the button is the fault here needing replaced.If it does not use a separate button for the phone system let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete