Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

I have a semi auto ford fusion1.4 the car seems to have a

Customer Question

HI I have a semi auto ford fusion1.4 the car seems to have a delay action in changing the gears, put it into ford for them to re programme the clutch and gear positioning as it had a second hand clutch actuator fitted they then charged for bleeding the clutch and I collected the car with the same faults do the gear actuators need programmed in as well or what else could cause this no warning lights on the dash I have checked all the wiring and looks in good condition
thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good morning to You and sorry for the delayed response

Do do you still require assistance with this issue

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Brian yes still need help on this issue
thanks

Hi there good evening to you

Ok yes the gears shift selector needs be programmed in using the ford ids software but this should only need done when a replacement unit has been fitted

the most common cause of your concern is a sticking gear selector shift assembly (most common fault due to there postion on the gear box ) suspects me to moisture etc from the roads

The slightest amount of restriction can cause this fault (even if the feel ok )

The selector issue can cause a delay in gears selection and sometimes can cause a blank display on the dash display before going into gear

I suspect the clutch actuator was replaced for this issue

Also this setup is very complex and should only be diagnosed and set up using the ids software as there is many parameters and settings that must be right for the system to work

This setup still has a normal clutch and slabs cylinder and is a manual 5 speed gearbox it is just controlled electronically

If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know

If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get on with my advice regarding your selection issue

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian