Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2006 2,5t xc90 in with 2 codes 120d air mass and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 2,5t xc90 in with 2 codes 120d air mass and 2900 fuel pressure. air mass,fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor are already replaced. fuel pressure is constant at 43-44psi. fuel trims swing from positive +15 to negative -25 and sometimes ok round 0. can't figure out what's going on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tested throttle body (both pot meters) with scope and these seem fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent checked over the engine for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If there is a vacuum leak present this will cause this fault here and will need corrected.This can cause the fuel trim values to act up like you see here as well.If this was already checked for and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,thanks for your response. We already checked for vacuum leaks with a smoke machine and could not find any. Today we will remove the intake to take a look at the throttle body/plate and the rest of the intake/pcv system to see if anything is odd or maybe plugged.Regards,
Karel
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.If there is a restriction in the pcv system or excessive carbon build up this may be causing this fault here.I would check the intake gaskets and throttle body gaskets for leaks as well.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete