Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I drives 2008 dodge nitro. days now I had Malfunction

Customer Question

Hi, I drives 2008 dodge nitro. For few days now I had Malfunction indicator light on and while on motion it blinks and also ESP/TCS indicator light on permanently. The car also doing long crank before starting and it jerk. What do I do as am not in United States.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When the malfunction indicator light is blinking this indicates that an engine misfire has been detected by the engine computer.In some cases this can cause the ESP/TCS light to come on as well.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle and can read all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

What will cause the misfire is a fault with a spark plug or injector or low cylinder compression in most cases.Once the codes are read out then it can be further tested to locate the fault causing this and repaired.

Most shops or a dealer can usually diagnose this fault here and then repair it as well.Since there are so many different components that can cause this issue this will have to be done to locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete