UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Re: PT, 2.2 crd ltd. Starts well, idle at 8 to 900 rpm,

Customer Question
Hi! Re: PT, 2.2 crd...
Hi! Re: PT, 2.2 crd ltd. Starts well, idle at 8 to 900 rpm, perfect. Turbo kicks in at around 2100 rpm.
Recent Pb: very difficult to start moving from idle until Engine reaches 2100 rpm.
Any suggestion? Thank you very much in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
1/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does this model have an automatic transmission?

Have the fault codes been checked at all for any codes set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Hi Pete! Thank you for answering. That model is stick shift trans. No fault code has been check. Best
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

O.k.,since it sounds like the engine does rev up but the vehicle does not move as you can rev up the engine to around 2100 rpm before it starts to move the vehicle this sounds like the clutch has failed for the transmission/gear box.The clutch needs inspected to verify this is the cause here and the clutch then replaced as needed to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli