UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't open open my ford transit '09 van either with the…

Customer Question
Hi Mike, I am Kiril...
Hi Mike, I am Kiril. I can't open open my ford transit '09 van either with the key or with the remote control. When I turn the key there is not noise of the central locking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
1/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 2 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there Kiril ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok this issue is most commonly caused by an excessively worn key blade(metal part of the key ) this has 6 different cuts (key number ) ie: T442133

This In turn causes the tumblers to become worn inside the drivers door lock and we then end up with a no entry concern

There is two options with this fault

1, have a new key cut (just the end bit that slips into the fob ) this is only around £10

If you take your key to your ford parts department and ask for a new key blade (slips off remote fob)

They will ready our key (if not completely worn ) and cut you a new one

If you still cannot access /unlock the drivers door lock then you will need to have the door lock replaced

And as you cannot open the door it needs to be drilled out from outside (a commonly occurance when customers only have one key which has worn the lock excessivly )

This is a common occurance on the transit

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian

Hi there, finally I've opened the door, but i can't start the engine. The indicator for the immobiliser is flashing fast

Hi there Kiril thanks

Ok has the battery voltage been checked as if the voltage drops too low it will activate the immobilisor

as I assume it has been starting fine before

if there is 2 batteries under the drivers seat it's the rear battery that needs to be checked

kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi, there two batteries, both show 12,-12.5 v. What about if the key is wet?

Hi Kiril sorry for the delay

Ok yes if the key has water damage /ingress then it will cause the central locking and immobildor issue as the Immobilsor chip is held inside the key fob

This will cause the Immobilsor light to flash rapidly as it doesn't detect the key code

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi Brian, there are two batteries, both show 12,5 V. There is a crack on the key immobilizer. Maybe it's got wet.
Kiril

Hi Kiril if there is moisture in the key in the circuit board

it will this issue

If you only have one key I would advise having the key replaced and a new drivers door lock fitted as what happens the drivers door lock can become seized due to poor lubrication and lack of use as everyone uses the remote to gain access to the vehicle untill it doesn't work

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Kiril please let me know

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Brian

Hi there Kiril good evening to you

How did you get on with our key fob concern

Regards Brian