UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 uk ford focus 2.0 diesel automatic powershift 2nd owner…

Customer Question
2012 uk ford focus 2.0...
2012 uk ford focus 2.0 diesel automatic powershift
2nd owner
Bought car last summer with 8200 miles. Todate around 8 months on around 10,400 miles on clock.
Under load / acceleration uphill etc cuts the power back everytime, engine malfunction light comes on.
As time went on more and more lights and more consistant this is.
Everytime the problem happens just before it kicks out theres small vibrations and when the fault occurs the traction control light comes on and off and sometimes stays on.
As i have kept driving it the problem is more regular and now cuts the engine out evertime if i try to drive through the power cut back
Acceleeating extremely gently around town it drives perfect and on odd occasion i get full boost but usually not long after cuts the power back again.
Other side issues it puts o tyre pressure malfunction warning and hill start assist not available. These only start when the power cuts back and tc light comes on.
All these are warnings
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
In the what ive done bit are some consistent fault codes.Apart from the dpf code which stays in the others reset and disappear after switching off and on again.
1/23/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

do you know what codes are coming up before the are cleared out or no

P2452 powertrain dpf exhaust temp too high for regeneration. This is the last thing to happen which is the only permenant code.The two that came when the power cuts are only pending faults and are p1168 and p1169 high and low fuel pressure in range but too high or low. There was loads of other stuff in diag check about commuication errors etc but didnt get to see much of it and could have been in from previous owner

ok is it losing power everytime you drive it

everytime. Upon slight acceleration the traction control light comes on even though wheels are no where near slipping at any speed in any gear. Goes into limp mode cuts the power back doesny let me accelerate. If i persist it will just cut out completely.

from what your describing to be it sounds like that your catalytic converter is stopped up not allowing enough fuel and air in to the engine witch is why it is stalling out

Do you mean the exhaust gasses are backing up/ creating back pressure into the engine ?Ive tryed multiple dpf regeneration attempts.just dont understand what the traction control light coming on has to do with it

yes that is what i mean and if i had to guess the traction control is just being activated cause the engine is stalling out but if the converter is clogged the dpf regeneration isnt going to help and i al most guarantee that it is a clogged converter

do you need anything else

Hii dont know how to rate the service as i have not found an answer related to my problem.there is nothing wrong with the cat or dpf.its going to ford this week