Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

My bmw 323 e46 driving home has lost power and hunting

Customer Question

Customer: my bmw 323 e46 driving home has lost power and hunting badly. i am a pensioner and dont drive fast or abuse the car. this just started today, feels like missing on a plug , gave no warning lights or anything now hunting and running very badly with no power,any idea what has happened?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no but i got home adventually it starts ok but when i press acelerator there is no power and feels like its going to stop.its an automatic, it will not rev out when i depress the acelorator.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for posting your question to Just Answer. My name is***** am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with over 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner/operator of an automotive repair shop for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I do not know your skill level. I cannot see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so it may take a few back and forth replies or a phone call to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will make every effort to get you all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating once you are satisfied. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time, so occasionally it may take a few minutes to respond.

Is the check engine light on as you drive or is it flashing?

Can you supply me with the VIN number?