UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do i replace the distributor on a toyota ace 4y engine…

Customer Question
hi there. how do i replace...
hi there.
how do i replace the distributor on a toyota hiace 4y engine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i need an answer to my question
1/20/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Ron, Car Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Ron, Car Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

All you need to do to replace the distributor is to line the rotor up with #1 cylinder on the cap and then remove the assembly making sure to line the rotor back up with the #1 cylinder . Once you have done that then all you need to do is check your timing with a timing light and you should be fine.

ON THE PULLY IS OTHER MARKS BESIDE 0. WHAT MARK IS TDC

The 0 should be top dead center but if you line the distributor up before you pull it by placing the rotor on the #1 spark plug you should be okay to remove it and reinstall it back in the same position.