Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Problem is my V40 1.8 ym. 1998 failed emission tests
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I'm Mika. Problem is my V40 1.8 ym. 1998 failed emission tests
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: HC at idle RPM is 122 and 100 is allowed. With raised RPM HC is 66. Theres a bit of a smell of burnt oil in the exhaust
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: does this model have a PCV valve. It looks like it has some sort of oil trap under the intake manifold
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What things I should check, what are the usual places for vacuum leak for example in this model ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CO% at idle is 0.17 (0.30 allowed)
CO% with raised RPM is 0.29 (0.30 allowed)
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what size engine you have as well as the Make and model you are working on. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine is b4184s, year model is 1998 and engine capacity is 1.8Liters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is Volvo V40