sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Sorry i'm french, i will do my best to explain. I have the

Customer Question

Hello, sorry i'm french, i will do my best to explain.
I have the same problem that you answer there : http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/7fkur-mazda-2-hi-i-mazda2-2004-semi-automatic-ive-stopped-yesteday.html#re.v/463/
My mazda 2 1,4 2004 no start, no crank, automatic trasmission flashing red. No N and others illumines in dashboard.
Since 1 month, in cold, no start. I need to try sometimes more 1 or 2 hours to get N appear and u can listen 2 boom and after that, he releases the clutch to shift into neutral. and when all are ok, i can stop 10 times and restart directly. But now dont want to start.
- My battery was low, i charge it now i get 12,6V
- i check all small fuse ok (not test big one, can remove it)
- i check wires, it's tight but no test it's voltage coming
- I get P0700 TCM and P0300 (no start but this one is due to the 1st)
NOTE FOR THIS MODELS : (this models can start if TCU not allow)
Battery voltage must be present at the transmission control unit to ensure that the transmission control releases the clutch to shift into neutral.
If the engine is not running then the following requirements must be met for the shift into neutral to take place:
* Ignition key in position II
* Brake pedal depressed
* Selector lever in position "N"
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0700 sets in the engine controller when there is a fault code stored in the transmission control module. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what codes are stored in the TCM. Do you know what codes are setting in the TCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you !
no i don't have this code because i can't start the car to go in my dealer (since 2weeks)
But, very bad, today, i try and it's start directly on the first time but on sunday dealer is close.
I want to ask you, i have original mechanical software for this car but in TCM fault normally they are speciafied code like this one for example :DTC P0613: Transmission control module (TCM) Processor
*Transmission control module.
DTC P0642: Sensor reference voltage A circuit low
DTC P0805: Clutch position sensor circuit
DTC P0614: ECM / transmission control module (TCM) Incompatiblebut on TCM, it will be code like this or different code ? Normally if he was TCM error, i will get a specify code mention previously ?
When my car start, u can hear a small boom and he Neutral flashlight get on and ABS light 1 second and crank, and 2 boom when switch off,
But when he don't start, i don't have this 1st boom and he happen when my car coldThey mention can be mechanical like * Gearshift actuator * Clutch actuator * Transaxle fluid leaks or for electrical * Transmission control module * Fuse(s) * Electrical connector(s) * Circuit(s) problem, but have you a clue if sometime he start and sometimes not ?Thanks again for all,

There isn't a way to begin diagnosis without knowing what fault codes are setting in the TCM. Are you able to borrow or rent a scan tool with TCM capability?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's only for Mazda ? or it's universal ? it use OBD to scan ?
my OBD tools can't reach TCM ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But in this problem http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/7fkur-mazda-2-hi-i-mazda2-2004-semi-automatic-ive-stopped-yesteday.html#re.v/463/
expert tell that he cannot be TCM fault

P0700 sets in the engine controller when there is a code stored in the TCM. The first step in diagnosing the problem is seeing what fault codes are stored in the TCM. If you don't have a module menu on the scan tool to pick TCM from, or you didn't find any codes other than the P0300 and 700, then your code reader isn't capable of reading the codes that you need to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but i will try to get this code tomorow and i will tell you after that ? it's will be ok ?
Because, i have 2 options, if it's just a bad wires, it's ok, i can repair it
but if it's TCM, and if my car dont start again i can pay very expensive (transport car and OBD diag) just to check in Mazda dealer
At home, i can sell it to a professional who can pick the car on m place
i will try to find a TCM to tell you the truth code.
thanks again, i let you know

Sounds great!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ! hope your good !
sorry i just received my elm327 tools to read my TCM.
2 weeks don't touch my car and pfff he crank on 1st time (less cold in france)OK, i can read dtc TCM codes :-U0121-20 Lost communication with anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module
-P0810-20 Clutch position control error
-P0909-20 Gate select control error
-C1222-20 Speed wheel mismatch
-U0415-20 Invalid data received from anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module
-P1797-20 CAN Powertrain control module (PCM) circuit malfunction
-U0404-20 Invalid data received from gearshift module
-P0919-20 Gearshift position control errorand IC Codes U1900-FFBut when i erase all now because he start, only one code remain IC U1900-FFbut i know tomorow, he will get frozen again and no start.
ohh my batery are ine 11.8v probably becausedont use it fo 2 weeks,
but i charge it 2 weeks ago he was on 12,6V
battery ? TCM because don't have a good clutch position ? wheel ? ABS ? gearshift ?
Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it's in french but u can read DTC on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's official TCM MAZDA 2 diagnostic mechanical books
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can read in this word doc for all DTC code the action is to *REFER to WDS.

Can I get the VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My VIN JMZNEAWPJN3M22788
Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe for this car, if you don't have Neutral (Need it to release clutch and brake pedals to cranck)
Gear shift, ABS, others DTC maybe will appear because the car don't start

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

Has the problem happened again yet to see what codes reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello !
hope you're good
1st day start and crank but i dont drive it
ok too for next day
today i drive, all ok, i park my car and now (2 hours after park don't start)
now only one code -P0810-20 Clutch position control error
now i know, this dtc code come after drive if i let more 2 hours without start
Thanks again

I assume you had no warning lights up until today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ! yes no warning light until yesterday. after drive, park 3 hous and no start and warning light
only code p0810 remains.

You almost surely have a failed clutch actuator then which will cause the lack of starter engagement, the fault code and warning. You may be able to have yours repaired rather than replacing it.

http://www.ecusolutionswales.com/mazda-2-clutchgearbox-actuator-repair-57-p.asp

http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/product/mazda_2_ecu_transmission_combined_clutch_actuator_etcm168be-b.html