UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Key won't open transit and remote not working. I locked it

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** Key won't...
Customer: ***** ***** Key won't open transit and remote not working. I locked it with key but now cannot open!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i got out the van. locked it with key. now the same key won't open it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if the answer solves my problem i can wait and pay.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
1/7/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 1 year ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there good morning to you

Ok when you locked the vehicle was it locked manually with the key

Has the remote fob been inoperative for a while thus you have been using manual key to lock /unlock vehicle

Regards Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fob inoperative yes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
using key

Hi there thanks

Ok this issue is most commonly caused by an excessively worn key blade(metal part of the key ) this has 6 different cuts (key number ) ie: T442133

This In turn causes the tumblers to become worn inside the drivers door lock and we then end up with a no entry concern

There is two options with this fault

1, have a new key cut (just the end bit that slips into the fob ) this is only around £10

If you take your key to your ford parts department and ask for a new key blade (slips off remote fob)

They will ready our key (if not completely worn ) and cut you a new one

If you still cannot access /unlock the drivers door lock then you will need to have the door lock replaced

And as you cannot open the door it needs to be drilled out from outside (a commonly occurance when customers only have one key which has worn the lock excessivly )

You can try wiggling key up/down whilst turning to try move tumblers inside lock into place but this rarely works as the tumblers /key are so worn

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated

Brian

Hi there good morning to you

How did you get on with the our key issue

Regards ***** *****

Brian

there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

There is two options with this fault

This is a common occurance on the transit

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician