UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My name's ***** *****. My issue is that my 2008 Avensis

Customer Question
Customer: My name's ***** *****...
Customer: My name's ***** *****. My issue is that my 2008 Avensis beeps ,and it starts when i turn key on acc, and stops when i turn power off It's not like the seatbelt chime, its plain high beep
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the sound comes under the dash, from drivers side and more likely under steering wheel than upfront of it And my local toyota workshop didn't figure anything out but they told me that if my keys battery is running out it might give the beep. I changed the battery, but no effect. I have unplugged the airbag for drivers legs, but it didn't help. So also battery has been disconnected, and sure for a long time enough This thing occurred one day when my engine was running and i lifted it up with jack, to fix front bumper and when i took the car down i heard this beep. And it has been nonstop since then :D
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Of course i pay if it helps :) I'm not in rush here
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just came up that TRC Off- button doesn't work. Car doesn't have PDC so the beep is not about that.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the shop did not check for fault codes in all computers this needs done.If there are any codes set in any of the computers the codes will need to be diagnosed and repaired to correct this here or in some cases just cleared out/erased to correct this issue here.If this has not been done this needs done to see if this resolves this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete ! Going to check the fault codes to a workshop is difficult due to timetable problems.I know something about auto mechanics and i'm electrician myself so this area is not quite odd to me. I found out that this BEEP is under fuse number 10 and it's named as " AM1 ". Unplugging the fuse also turn the whole instrument down. And also the beep is gone. I'm trying now to find out from internet what is this AM1. If you have knowledge or you have access to proper diagrams it would be helpful. Instrument had also another fuse which turned it down, i just don't remember that what that fuse was..I didn't quite understand this payment policy. In the beginning they told me it's voluntary. Is this correct ?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here so I dont have any diagrams for this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli