UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

, i have same problem my lincoln navigator have problem

Customer Question
Customer: hi JA: Thanks...
Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have same problem my lincoln navigator have problem with Sputter while is on 50 to 60 miles pr h
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i will like to do
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just drive when i am on 50 milles per hour or 60 my car sometimes stop or like someone kick the car in back for short , i don't know how to explain but become more and all seems ok ,what can be the problem ?
1/7/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Is the check engine light or any other warning lights on?

Does it feel like a hard shift of the transmission, or more that the engine is misfiring?

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible and at times may need to ask for clarification or more information. thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is no any light come up in the car and can feel more when i use cruise control when i go some hill going up the car i feel more also
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont feel like hard shift of the transmission
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i don't feel this hard shift of the transmission, or more that the engine is misfiring? when i used cruise control i can feel more this problem stalling or shuttering , , don't come any light on the car nothing on engine , look like all is fine never comes up any light on the car

HI,

Does it feel like the transmission might be going in and out of overdrive, essentially changing gears between overdrive and 4th gear on its own

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eric , what i feel is drive car on 90 km by hour and the car still on 1250 to 1500 RPM , but when i go little more like 100 km/h is going up to 2100 to 2200 rpm . is normal ? in lincoln navigator 2004 i don't see any botton to put in overdrive , i no place to see this switch , also have only D 1 2 i don't se any 4th gear on lincoln navigator 2004where is overdrive swich on lincoln navigator 2004 ?

If yours has overdrive, the switch to engage or cancel it is on the end of the shifter stalk.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks eric , i check now i found , but please what can be this problem on the car the transmission ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also while shuttering sliping the RPM don't change anything still same

HI,

This is either a faulty overdrive switch, which is fairly common, or the TCC(torque converter clutch) solenoid is faulty and causing it to drop in and out of overdrive, which is what you are describing to a T. Both would need to be tested to determine which is at fault.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager