Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

How would I reprogram my remote please

Customer Question

Hi how would I reprogram my remote please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Sometimes you dont have to re-progamme after replacing the key battery - as the car will sense if the battery in the key is low or not - thats why you get the PLIP message to tell you if the key battery is low or getting low to require replacement..the first step is to replace the batteries ideally in both keys - the spare and the one your currently using..its best to get the batteries from a proper motor factors outlet..like haflords or similar or from the peugeot dealer who will need to match the battery number..once the batteries have been swapped then make sure that both keys open and close the central locking and start the car up..the PLIP message should go out once its seen the new batteries and normally does it automatically after a few cycles of the ignition..If you need to re-programme then the details are below..I do hope this helps

Procedure

1. Ensure all doors are unlocked using the key.

2. Press and hold plip key button until LED stops flashing.

3. After releasing button, LED will light constantly.

4. Press the Plip Button once, and LED will extinguish.

5. Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch, and press the plip button one time.

6. Turn the ignition ON, and wait 10 seconds then turn ignition OFF.

7. After 5 seconds, Plip should now operate.