How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 22684
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The rear footwells and passenger footwell is soaking wet.

Customer Question

The rear footwells and passenger footwell is soaking wet. The door seals appear ok. The vehicle is a 07 L200 in good condition . The cabin smells very damp and feisty. ..?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many places where water can enter. The source of the leak won't necessarily be in the same area as you're seeing it collect.

If the door seals are in good condition and the doors close correctly then the leak is more likely to be coming from a sheet metal seam such as the roof to cab joint, it could be the windshield or rear glass, the third brake light, or it could be coming in through the heater box because of a restricted cowl drain.

If you're unable to tell where the water is coming from then the best thing to do would be to have one person inside while a second runs a garden hose over the outside, the person inside watching for water to come in. Trim panel removal is usually necessary to find the source of a leak. I've seen windshield leaks puddle in a rear floorboard, so keep in mind the water may be traveling behind or in trim panels.

If you have a sunroof then that would be the most likely source of the leak, usually a restricted drain tube.