tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

I AM ***** ***** I HAVE NO REVERSE GEAR
, AUTO GEARBOX

Customer Question

Customer: I AM ***** ***** I HAVE NO REVERSE GEAR
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: AUTO GEARBOX WONT DRIVE OFF IN REVERSE ALL FORWARD GEARS OK
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK WILL WAIT
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

tell me how and when this problem first began.

did it make a noise when this first happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no noise that I heard, and not noisey now in forward gears

ok

from the way you explain the problem,it doesnt sound good

i would think the problem is internal,perhaps the reaction carrier shell is broken or the low/reverse band is bunt out

this is not an electrical problem and cant be fixed from the outside.

i would think the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,sorry.i dont see an easy fix for this one

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.