Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a transit mk7 van that wont start or stop, unless it

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Mike, I have a transit mk7 van that wont start or stop, unless it is in reverse gear ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the relay for the engine is on at all time, even if i pull the ignition key out, the engine keeps running. pull the relay still running engage reverse gear if stops! Very odd
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sorry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set can be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with the electronic ignition switch itself as I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete