UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

There is no diesel coming through to the engine. REGARDS

Customer Question
hello, There is no diesel coming...
hello,
There is no diesel coming through to the engine.
REGARDS MOGAMAT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
12/18/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

its 1st worth considering fitting a new fuel filter as if only slightly blocked this can lower fuel supply pressure and choke the main pump, the pump will be more sensitive to this when its cold as diesel thickens considerably with low temperatures.
and it may have developed an air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine has no separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. If a leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system will air lock the pump.
Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filter housing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking the engine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air from the injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured by checking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairing any you find.
If you daub each pipe joint with heavy grease and the issue goes away then wipe the grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint

Hi Matt,
My apologies for delay in replying.
1) I have installed a new diesel filter and I filled the filter with diesel before putting it back.
2) There is 2 pipes coming from the the fuel tank. I am not sure if I have linked the 2 pipes correctly. The long blue pipe from the fuel tank in the engine, I have connected this pipe to the inlet of the filter. The shorter blue pipe from the fuel tank I have connected it to the diesel pump. Then I connected the outlet pipe of fuel filter also to the pipe that leeds to the fuel injection rail on the diesel pump.
3) I have tested for power at the plug of the diesel pump and there is power.
4) There appears to be no power at the diesel filter on the big plug. On the small plug by the diesel filter sensor there appears to be power. I traced the red wire from the big plug of the diesel filter and it lead me to a green plug situated inside the car below the fuse box on the right hand side. I have noticed that there appears to be no relay connect to this green plug.Does this green plug gets a relay because there is a yellow plug situated next to it and the yellow plug does have a relay.Both the green and yellow plug is part of the engine harness. These plugs are situated below the fuse box on the right side of the accelerator.MY concern is that the green plug does not have a relay plugged in.Please advise if this plug gets a relay because the wire from the diesel filter leads to this plug.

Hello

I'm going to have to opt out as I don't have the specialist knowledge required to take this further

hopefully another expert will be able to advise

Thanks Matt.I will wait for a response from the other expert. Please forward my query.
REGARDS
MOGAMAT
Hello, I have not yet received a reply to my query.Please advise if there is a relay for the diesel pump and where is the relay situated on the vehicle.
Matt, Mechanical Engineer