Enes
Enes, Volvo Technician
Experience:  15 Years Volvo Master Mechanic
20168386

Volvo S60 Auto 2.4 Ignition will not progress passed

Customer Question

Customer: Volvo S60 Auto 2.4 Ignition will not progress passed position 1
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only that the car wouldn't start, it seemed at first as if the Battery was flat, this has been checked and re-charged as a precaution.I called out my local service garage, after 1 1/2 hours gave up the ghost. There seems to be an issue between the Ignition Key/Barrel Interlock Cable and the Gear Selector switch. There is a Yellow bobbin on the threaded end of the cable which seems to "move" I'm suspecting that the issue is possibly a combination of the cable and selector unit. (sorry for the delay my internet just dropped out)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problems with waiting.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

The yellow tab you talking about can be problem they do loose adjustment very easy or tabs brake on that yellow ten and you will need new yellow tab installed and re adjust cable and problem is fixed most the time you can reuse old cable