Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I am ***** ***** I just got a Nissan terrano 2 1998 it

Customer Question

Customer: hi I am ***** ***** I just got a Nissan terrano 2 1998 it starts ok but will not rev up can you help please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine will start and tick over but when you try to rev the engine just stays the same also the rev counter is not working 2.7 tdi
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model uses the electronic throttle with the electronic accelerator pedal assembly it is possible the pedal assembly is the cause here needing replaced.I have seen the pedal assembly fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this fault here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.If no codes are set let me know as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete