sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Im ***** ***** my doblo van starts from cold drive of miles

Customer Question

Customer: im ***** ***** my doblo van starts from cold drive for couple of miles turn it off try to start again it fires but wont start turn off key try again fires but wont start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats about it brought the van with brocken cam belt replaced head cam belt 2 injectors all filters and oils bled through started straight away turned it off and tryed to start it fires on the first couple of turns but dont start repeat and it fires but wont start leave it for an hour or two turn and it fires up no prob when it runs pulls like a train no smoke no miss fire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue may be fuel system related or electrical. Hot restart issues are often caused by fuel system issues if there are no other performance problems. Drainback/vapor lock is a common cause of a hot restart issue.

Do you have a gas or diesel engine?