Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a 2007 VW Sharan 1.9 TDi. 250000 miles. The heating

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2007 VW Sharan 1.9 TDi. 250000 miles. The heating is only blowing cold air and on a long run, the temp gauge goes between half way and all the way to the right. The dash shows a 'STOP CHECK COOLANT SERVICE MANUAL'. I suspected it was a faulty water pump, so had it replaced and all the coolant refilled. However, it's still the same, blowing cold and the light coming on. Should I replace the thermostat next?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin thermostat would be your next step as you have no heater the heater is only really controlled by the thermostat as this part regulates the cooling system temperature

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. I've replaced the thermostat and *think* this has cured the engine overheat problem. The heating is still blowing cold though. The pipes to and from the radiator are warm when it's been run for a while. Is there a logical next step? I'm hoping it's not the heater matrix. Can I have the system flushed through or tested for blockages?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If the pipes to and from heater matrix are hot then its likely that this is blocked causing the lack of heating .you could just disconnect the ppies in engine bay where they go through bulkhead and put hose in one side and see if you have flow