Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2003 Terracan that has started hesitating at 3000

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Terracan that has started hesitating at 3000 to 3500 rpm. no warning lights on and no error codes in system. Can you help?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the engine uses a mass air flow sensor.If this sensor is sending an incorrect air flow signal (due to being dirty or damaged) this fault here will occur like this.My info doesnt show if your model uses this sensor but most do.

If your vehicle uses this sensor (usually in line from the engine air filter) I would try and remove and clean it and see if this resolves the fault.I have seen this sensor become dirty in several cases before needing cleaned or replaced.

If your model does not have this sensor or if this was already tried with no success let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete