Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Have a 2010 transit swb and the door open light is on even

Customer Question

Have a 2010 transit swb and the door open light is on even with doors closed. It turns off when the van isn't running after a few minutes. Both front doors turn on the interior lights, the side door turns on the rear internal lights. The rear door turns on nothing. So suspect that. Have checked the wiring and it looks like the rear door open switch inside the lock is working.
Also the van won't stay locked, I lock it, it reopens and sounds the horn
Any idea?
Gary
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be nice to get a copy of the wiring diagram
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately I dont have a pinout/diagram of this myself here but see no one else has responded with this.

If you havent inspected the wiring where it passes from the rear door to the body inspect and see if there are any damaged wires needing repaired to correct this here.This is usually the most common area for wiring damage due to it flexing when the door is opened and closed.If a fault is found it will need repaired.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Pete,I'm a qualified Electrician and have checked all the obvious, I need specific details of connector pin outs etc. So am looking for the ford experts promisedRegardsGary
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete