Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland which is making a very

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland which is making a very load moaning sound form engine bay the noise started after vehicle had a recall service on fuel relay fuse I took it back to garage they said it's the fuel line make a resonating sound they
adjusted it but noise keeps coming back intermittently do you know how I can solve problem. Many thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the noise is coming from the fuel line then have the shop install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure to make sure its not excessive. Normal pressure should be right at 56 yo 60 PSI. If the pressure checks okay and the fuel retun system is okay then there really is no reason the line should be making any noise.