martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

How do I remove a steering lock from a s reg ford ka

Customer Question

how do I remove a steering lock from a s reg ford ka
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, if its just the barrel that needs removing you can do this simply by removing the cowling around the steering wheel to access the lock, now with the key in ACC position you will see a very small hole on the lock ,insert a small pick and press the plunger, you can then remove the barrell, if its the whole lock assembly you will have to remove the 2 sheer bolts either with an angle grinder or a hammer and punch, you can replace with normal bolts if you want to, or purchase new from a ford dealer, hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** you require any further help please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.

Hi there, just a quick follow up to see if you require any further help, kindest regards martin.