UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My interior lights wont turn off despite the doors locked

Customer Question
and shut properly?...
My interior lights wont turn off despite the doors locked and shut properly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
11/17/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common component that will cause this here is a faulty door position switch which is usually part of the door latch itself.This switch determines if the door is opened or closed which in turn activates and deactivates the lights.If this switch has failed it can cause a false signal that a door is opened at all times causing this here needing replaced.

The most common switch or side of the vehicle is the drivers door itself as it is used the most.I suspect your door latch on the drivers door needs replaced as most of the time the switch is part of the door latch itself.I would have this checked/tested further to make sure this is the cause here and replaced as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli