UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

We have an Audi Q7 that we've been working on 5 weeks (Yes 5

Customer Question
Good afternoon, we have an...
Good afternoon, we have an Audi Q7 that we've been working on for around 5 weeks (Yes 5 weeks). Rather than give up completely I thought I’d run it past someone that might have a suggestion.
I’ll try to cut the story as short as possible. It’s a vehicle we sold to a customer and are fixing under warranty, we’ve gave him a courtesy car during this time, but after 5 weeks it’s not a great situation for any of us.
Originally the car came in with a suspension fault, we replaced the air compressor and fixed leaking front shocks. We still had the code P01772. By chance we discovered that the rear wiper washer was not working, further inspection we found the rear wiper hose had split in the boot/trunk (Right above all the control modules in the right hand rear). Terrible design but I’ll not say anymore on that at the minute.
Replaced the Nav unit & Aerial Antenna Amplifier in that area due to water damage, and replaced the suspension control unit (Also water damaged) P01772 was still present, so we got 2x auto sparks armed with VCDS to firstly repair wiring to the G291 sensor (This worked for 2 days and the suspension light came back on), and then actually replacing the G291 sensor itself, suspension fixed and headache over, or so we thought.
The customer asked us to look at his Bluetooth as it has never worked. We don’t use VCDS so got local auto sparks who do, we thought this would be a simple adaption issue but it wasn’t. As time was rolling on we decided than fitting a Bluetooth kit for the customer and giving him his vehicle back would be the best solution, but after taking his car out of the workshop his reverse camera had stopped working. It had always worked previous to us plugging in VCDS to get to the bottom of the Bluetooth issue.
Electrics in vehicles is not our strong point so we got various local Audi specialists to check the camera, all saying that the only fault was a camera calibration that needed done, the calibration didn’t work for any of them and they couldn’t work it out.
Enough is enough, take it to the dealer and after 3 days of working on it they couldn’t repair it either!!!! They say there’s no fault codes but the camera will not display, even after calibration. With the bill mounting fast and no fix we took the vehicle out of there.
I bought Audi MMi update CD’s (5.5.70) as I’d heard this can remind the system what’s installed, this didn’t fix the camera, but the Bluetooth started working (Amazingly)
I’m left now with not having a clue where to go, another Audi specialist just had a go at it for us and even tried a new camera into the car and still nothing.
I’m sitting in the vehicle now, reverse sensors are all working perfect, front and rear. When I put the car in reverse there’s obviously no reverse camera image, the screen doesn’t change at all. If you on radio for example then the radio screen will stay on when your in reverse but the bleepers all work perfect.
Through the MMI under Car/Systems – Audi parking system, this is greyed out and can’t be selected. I’m thinking this is pretty significant and obviously related, but why would it be greyed out. My hairs greyed out over this one.
Anything at all you can suggest?
Best regards
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 3 days by:
11/16/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This looks to be some sort of calibration/programming issue causing this here to where one of the control units/ecu's in the vehicle isnt programmed properly and is causing this fault here.I would have all control unit/ecu's checked for programming as this just seems to be a missing calibration somewhere to where the vehicle isnt seeing that this model has rear back up camera.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli