Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I am considering buying a Celica and wish to avoid pre

Customer Question

I am considering buying a Celica and wish to avoid pre 'facelift' engines which had a problem with oil consumption. The new engines came in in July 2005, I believe, but the car I am considering may have been built just before the upgrade. Its VIN is JTDDR38T800189472 and it is in UK. How can I tell if it is the later version? Many thanks in anticipation.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The VIN number wont tell you the production date. However, there is a manufacturer sticker on the driver door or door sill and will have your production date. As long as the production date is 07/05 or later, it is the newer engine version