Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Headlights flash onto full beam when driving, ml 270 had the

Customer Question

headlights flash onto full beam when driving, ml 270 had the light stalk changed and the control unit on windscreen behind rear view mirror.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** you post the last 8 digits of your vin number for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZA533322
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I can't get that number to work. Can you recheck the number?

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if you saw my reply this morning. I can't get that vin number to work. Can you recheck the number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THATS THE CORRECT NUMBER
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, for some reason the workshop manual will not decode the last 8 digits. Can you post the entire vin number for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WDC163113ZA533322
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the combination switch and the K6 relay has already been replaced I would say that the fault is in the All Activity module. The module processes the signal from the combination switch and activates the K6 relay for the high beams. If the high beams are coming on by themselves I would say that the All Activity module is faulty or there is a short in the wiring. If removing the K6 relay turns the high beam lights off I'd check the wiring from the combination switch to the All Activity module. If no fault is found you will need to replace the module.