sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ryank on volvo s80 v8 2007 only 52000km on mooring when its

Customer Question

hi Ryank
on volvo s80 v8 2007 only 52000km
on mooring when its cold i have like Hard knock from the buttom off the car when small bumps on road disappear after 5min...when again on bumps...
any idea?
thanks.
ran
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, volvo s80 v8 2007 only 52000km when car is cold i have like Hard knock from the buttom off the car its happen when i drive on small bumps or raising up... its disappear after 2min...any idea? it can be like 1 time of very hard knocking thanks. ran
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be a lose steering or suspension component or it could be coming from one of the struts.

Did the problem start after any work was done, an accident, etc?

Has anything been done to try to repair it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you.
I am nnot the firat owner.
I know that control arm was changed 18 mounth ago.
The problem is disapper....and can come for one time only....
I feel that at morning when the car is cold the front suspesion is difrent...
Is the noise can come from the engine? Or if no info light its not the motor ?
Thanks a lot again

Road input is what causes the noise, correct? Does it seem to come from the front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its seems like its coming from the front and when its happen the knoking is more like "shut gun"/ Noise like backfire...
Its one time and can come back again
Tx
RN

Does it buck or run poorly when this happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only at the first ~30 seconds and drive regular
Like i understand he had an accsident that he hit in sidewalk and chage the wheell and the control arm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for the long dealy ....
The car drive perfect the issue is only when car is cold i am go up from my garage at ~30 angle up road and the when fo down to flat road i have 2 hard knock from the front body i change also now the momentsag still have the noise its like somthing is Grasp and then its free after 2 haed knocks and on bumpers the front ia more Hard on tbe suspension ...is need to be grease, a rubber ? Where? What can be? Can be swaybar
Thanks again

You mentioned a noise like a backfire. Is this something that's coming from the engine or does it seem to be coming from the suspension or steering?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi its coming from the suspension or from the body of the car....only whem the car is cold...

A complete inspection of the steering and suspension should be done. There are many things that coudl be causing the noise, many would be safety issues. For instance an inner or outer tie rod end could be making the noise.

Loose sway bar bushings will also make noise but it would most likely be present all the time. If the lower control arms have been replaced I would first suspect a strut, strut mount, or sway bar link issue. If no components are found to be loose then Chassis Ears can be used to help pinpoint the source of the noise.