The workshop is more or less on the right track. But below are the fault codes descriptions with the addtional test steps and suggestions for repairs.
Also the fault codes in transmission should be checked.
It is better to replace all glow plugs at the same time.
The intake motor should be checked if oil is leaking on it from the turbo connections.
2299 (001) Event:Transmission controlETC FAULT21
2230 (001) Event:Transmission controlETC FAULT13
2231 (001) Event:Transmission controlETC FAULT14
2270 (004) N14/3 (Glow time output stage), At least one of the glow plugs is not actuated.
2513 (001) Check component M55 (Inlet port shutoff motor). Positioner signals fault.
1. Check whether the EKAS actuator motor moves into position on "Ignition ON" and "Ignition OFF", or alternatively check the actuation function with Star Diagnosis.
If vibrations of the adjusting mechanism are observed (EKAS actuator motor moving against resistance/mechanical limit stop), check and adjust basic setting or connecting linkage.
If the actuator is not observed to move, loosen the linkage (slacken clamp screw), switch off ignition for approx. 10 s and then initiate the actuation again. Then perform basic setting of EKAS linkage (see above).
See testing/repair work in WIS: Group 09.00
2. Unplug and reconnect all connectors on EKAS actuator motor and on CDI 4/5 engine control unit, and check routing of wiring harness, looking in particular for trapped/kinked wires under the charge air manifold (see Figure 2).
3. Visual inspection of connecting clips on actuating linkage (see Figure 1, item 1) with the aid of an endoscope.
The preload force of used clips is no longer sufficient for reliable assembly. Loose connecting clips must be replaced.
4. If all other points are OK, the fault may have been caused by swelling (plastic absorbs moisture and swells) of the connecting clips on the shift rail (see Figure 1, item 4). Warm up the engine until the coolant temperature is 80 °C, then run the engine at idle for 1 h. Secure the vehicle to prevent it from moving away by itself and to prevent unauthorized access.
On vehicles with a mileage greater than 1000 km, the connecting clips on the shift rail (see Figure 1, item 4) must be replaced.
Observe adjustment instructions for EKAS actuating linkage when assembling!
2668 (002) Check component G3/2 (O2 sensor upstream of KAT).OverloadFault Value is below limit
Possible Cause: Oxygen sensor upstream of catalytic converter is carbon-fouled
Remedy for this:
Model series 221 with OM642 right-hand drive vehicle:
1. Remove engine cover
2. Remove shield over turbocharger
3. Remove oxygen sensor
4. Seal off old sensor connection fitting with stop plug and seal, and tighten to 50 Nm
5. Unfasten clamp between exhaust pipe and catalytic converter
6. Remove old exhaust pipe bend without sensor connection fitting
7. Install new exhaust pipe bend with sensor connection fitting
Note: When installing, replace seal and bolts, and observe tightening torque. Tighten clamp to 17 Nm
8. Install O2 sensor in new sensor connection fitting and tighten to 50 Nm
9. Reinstall shield over turbocharger
10. Reinstall engine cover
Parts needed for this job:
A0075420118Oxygen sensor1For model series 221 left-hand and right-hand drive
A2194920080Seal with turbocharger1
A0009906703Bolts for pipe bend3
A6420961268Turbocharger heat shield1
A2214900522Exhaust pipe bend OM6421For model series*****/p>
A0219976245Seal for blind plug1