Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2008 Mondeo Titanium. The nearside headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mondeo Titanium. The nearside headlight suffers from condensation inside overnight, but the off-side light remains clear. There doesn't appear to be anywhere that water can get in, and I can't see any obvious place for damp to get in either. Any ideas?
Tony
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

There are two different causes for this here.First is a restricted or damaged vent.Almost all head lights have some kind of small vent hole that is used to allow some air into the head lights.This allows drying of any condensation and to prevent any condensation from building up.Inspect the light assembly for a vent hole or port that may be damaged or restricted needing repaired.If it cannot be repaired the head light assembly will need replaced.

The other issue is the glue or seal that holds the head light lense to the head light body leaks.It may not be a visible leak but it leaks enough to allow moisture or cold air through more then it can handle by venting and causes the condensation.On some models the lense comes off of the body of the head light and the seal can be re glued to correct this here and on other models the entire head light needs replaced.

In some cases when the fault is unable to be identified visually you may have to replace the entire head lamp assembly but I would check for the vent and also see if there is any way to re seal the lense to the head light body.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.