sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5TD from 1999 and i'm

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5TD from 1999 and i'm trying to fit the instrument cluster from one 2002 2.5CRD Chrysler Voyager.
I need to know the diagram and pinout from each cluster to try making the adaptation.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can get this info may not be online.It may be difficult or impossible to do this swap over if the electronic signals are different from one cluster to the other.

The best place to get the diagram info is a dealer or repair center that works on this model and they may also be able to tell you if this is compatible to where this swap over can be done for sure here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete!
Thanks for the answer i know that's not easy to give an answer but i think that somebody here would have that schematics.
The dealer did not provide the pinout from each cluster. That's what i need. The conversion that's i will do it. And i believe that's possible to do.
I still have no solutions here. :(
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unfortunately you won't be able to make this work. The 1999 and 2002 are different body style vehicles with different electrical architecture. The 1999 van used a two wire CCD communication bus network, the 2002 uses a single wire PCI network. There isn't a way to make the 2002 instrument cluster communicate with the modules on your 1999 van.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sprinkles.I see. So the only way that it can be done is doing a bus to pci converter.
I still need the pinout from each clusters
Cheers

There isn't a converter that you can obtain to make this work. The correct instrument cluster will need to be installed, the only clusters that will work in your van will be from the same NS body style, 1996-2000.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.Ok mate. Thanks again for your answer.
Can you provide the pinout from each clusters?Best regards

I can describe the terminal locations but am unable to post directly from the service information due to copyright.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again mate.
It is possible for you to explain the pinout without violating the copyright...
For example the 2002 cluster has 13 pins on the plug you can tell me each signal from each pin.
If you have someting usefull to add to post i will apreciate.Best regards

On the 2002 connector facing the terminal end with the lock tab up, the top right terminal is pin 1, top left is pin 6. the bottom right is pin 7, bottom left is 13.

1 red/yellow, panel lamps driver

2 white/tan, right turn indicator driver

3 violet/gray, low oil pressure indicator driver

4 violet/blue, malfunction indicator driver

5 white/gray, high beam indicator

6 brown/red, fused battery

7 black/light green, ground

8 white/light green, left turn indicator

9 white/violet, PCI bus

10 dark green/white, park brake switch sense

11 violet/orange, chime driver

12 violet/brown, instrument cluster wakeup

13 black/light blue, ground

On the 1996 connector

2 pink, fused batter

6 orange, panel lamps

7 black/light green, ground

9 white/black CCD bus -

10 violet/brown CCD bus +

11 red/white, fused ignition

13 black, ground