Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I just changed kyei Nissan micra 2005 key battery and the

Customer Question

Hi I just changed kyei Nissan micra 2005 key battery and the central locking system still isn't working. How do I reprogramme it for my key?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Just changing the battery in the key should not require reprogramming. If I am misunderstanding and you replaced the central locking module or the key, let me know. But it sounds like there is another issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just changed the battery and it still doesn't work. It worked once then it didn't work anymore at all I tried so many times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I forgot to say Hi Eric and thank you for getting back to me.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI

Ok, you will need to use a jimmy tool to open the door by sliding it between the door glass and door. The tool is a slim piece of metal with hooks on the end that grab the actuator rod and unlock the door when you pull the tool upwards(see attached)