How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amedee Your Own Question
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 26427
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Amedee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Amedee. I wish to frig the secondary air (control) system by

Customer Question

Hi Amedee. I wish to frig the secondary air (control) system by putting in a dummy 12v relay in the connector to the sec air injection valve. however I need to know the "internal' wiring of the integral pressure sensor, so I can improvise this from my dummy relay. I assume the sensor signalled back to the ECU by means of a (3 wire) change-over contact system. Can`t seem to find the sensor electrical wiring anywhere on the web. I will be vey grateful for this info as my car is now out of service for a few days now. a new such valve is extremely costly and unnecessary. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Thank you for requesting me! I do not believe I have the correct wiring diagrams for this vehicle so I dont think I can help you. I did however, want to repsond to you and say thank you for requesting me. You might want to post your VIN so other experts can see it and help you out based on their experience. Once you post the VIN I can also do some research for you as well. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VIN number for this 2007 Subaru 2.5 XT (TURBO) Forrester is: JF2S G9KD 36GO 75349.
Are you aware of the principle problem of these secondary air injection systems? and do you agree with what I am trying to achieve? The cat converter on my car has been removed, thus no need to buy a new (expensive) valve. I don`t want to have this problem again in the future. Is you have any other ideas please advise. Thanks.
Regards, Ken.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for sending me the VIN. My VIN decoder does not even recognize this VIN number so I am sure I dont have experience with this vehicle. I am going to leave this question open for other experts. Good luck!