Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

Gallagher99 I've got a 55reg Ford Focus 2.0L estate. At my

Customer Question

Hi Gallagher99
I've got a 55reg Ford Focus 2.0L estate. At my last MOT a ESP System Fault warning came on and also the warning light. This wasn't on when when I dropped the car off. Is there any part of the MOT test that could've caused the problem. More importantly can the module be repaired or reset or would I have to replace it (as I understand it's very expensive to replace!). It's been suggest by a ex mechanic I know who's not Ford trained that the fault could have caused when during it's put on the rolling road. Your help and advice would be much appreciated.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin have you had fault codes read?

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response it wouldn't let me post my reply for some reason

Ok the most common issue we see in regards ***** ***** ESP issues is corrosion in the steering Angle /rotation sensor (this sensor slides into the steering rack ) and is secured by 2 torx screws

These are prone on older vehicles for moisture ingress

But before going ANY further you must retreive the fault code logged in the ABS module as this is imperative to correctly diagnosing this issue

This won't be a module fault or anything to do with the rolling road test

Again more clarity will be shown once the fault code has been retrieved

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian