Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have ford transitit has started cutting out in mid drive

Customer Question

Hi I have ford transit(###) ###-####it has started cutting out in mid drive then is a problem to start it, thought was battery but no change since I got new one it also popped a reset button by filter under bonnet which I have now reset but bit worried to drive as its power steering so if it cuts out somewhere bad I can't even really steer out the way of traffic
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure all battery cables are found to be clean and tight.I have seen issues before where one or more cables can be loose or corroded at the battery itself or leading from the battery and the cable needs cleaned and tightened to correct this here.If the cables have already been checked and found o.k. I would have the alternator tested to see if it is weak needing replaced.These are some of the more common components or issues for this fault here.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.