Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a focus cmax 1.6 petrol 54 plate which doesn't want

Customer Question

I have a focus cmax 1.6 petrol 54 plate which doesn't want to start anymore. The starter is spinning but the engine is not firing. It's flagging engine fault and the red led is flashing a code 16. The dtc via the test menu are d900, e510 & 5750. I have checked relays, fuses and connector c112. The resistance between pins 6 & 14 of the obd port is 60 ohms. When bridging the relay R13 (engine control module) in the engine fusebox, the car is starting...
Where do you think the problem is ? ECU, cluster, GEM or an other connector ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This type of fault here may be caused by an internal electrical fault with the ECU for the engine itself.I have seen some of these fail on some models in the past before needing replaced.I would check all wiring and connections at the ECU and ignition components to see if any wiring or wiring connection issues are found needing repaired or replaced.If these are o.k. further testing will need done to see if the ecu itself is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.