Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I am from South Africa and I drive a SS Lumina UTE. I am

Customer Question

Good Morning.
I am from South Africa and I drive a SS Lumina UTE. I am constantly having a problem whereby the stability control switches itself off and then eventually the Check Engine light comes on. Numerous people have tried to solve the problem. The latest attempt was to replace the Crank Sensor.
Can you please help me? What could cause this problem.
Thanx
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

is there anyway you can find out what codes or code is set in the computer as history codes or current codes ?

if the check engine light did come on and the battery was not disconnected there should be a code or codes set in the computers history

once we know what codes are set we will have a very good idea what is wrong

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gary,As far as I know the latest two error codes is P0335 and P0336
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

and both will reset after the codes are cleared ?

and it has a brand new GM crank sensor ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with both of those crank sensor codes being set with a brand new GM crank sensor this issue will come down to one of the 3 wires from the crank sensor to the computer being bad or the connection and terminals right at the crank sensor are bad or the computer bad

most of these issues are corrected by being sure the 3 wires from the crank sensor to the computer are good and the connections and terminals are good at the computer

if those check out replace the crank sensor connector and shrink wrap in the new wires that come with the new crank sensor connector to the existing wires one at a time so they do not get mixed up then have them perform a crank sensor relearn with the scan tool

if by chance it still sets these 2 codes try another crank sensor if it still sets the codes the computer is bad

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried the wiring and another crank censor but it is still doing the same thing after driving it for a while
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

then the only thing left is a defective crank sensor or a bad computer or terminals at the computer or crank sensor since the wires are tested good