Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

1.0 Lupo will only start after reconnecting battery after 5

Customer Question

Hi 1.0 Lupo will only start after reconnecting battery after 5 mins. after reconnection all lights on the dash board come on. then when you attempt to restart the engine the check engine and e p c do not illuminate. the engine will only crank. also to note there is no imobiliser. any ideas? thanks Rob
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Although no immobilizer(anti-theft) system, does it have either factory alarm or aftermarket alarm system as what you are describing is classic symptoms of a faulty alarm control module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for your reply. all I can see that might be an anti theft device is a black plastic ring around the ingnition barrel with a wire attached. this is factory fitted. however the idea there was no immobiliser is because the keys have no transponders in them. am i right to assume this??thanks
Rob
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

That is an antitheft module, so it does have antitheft. Let me see if I have the schematics for it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, Are you not able to help further? you were looking to see if you had the schematics for the antitheft? I did look on a website and apparantly all lupo from 1998 are fitted with thatcham 2 device.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Sorry, had a family emergency.

I unfortunately dont have the schematics required for testing and will need to opt out to see if another expert does.