Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have a 2005 Nissan Almera, and this morning when I started

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Nissan Almera, and this morning when I started the car it started fine but the immobiliser light was on stayed on, normally just flashes when car is lock. The car was running but I stopped it took key out locked it, unlocked put key in car started fine and light was off. Just wondering what this might be down to. Also my radio has been acting up radio and stereo when the car is started no sound come out the radio panel is on and all is fione bar the sound then 5-10mins later the sound comes on, maybe these issues are connected?
I'm clueless as to what might be causing this.Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Don't think so but possible , i would get hooked up and check for immo malfunction codes .

When this happens its a start of a key reading malfunction ,this light on when running is letting you know something is wrong

and a malfunction code is stored in the Immo control box .

At your dealer or Nissan repair shop they will hook up a consult 3 scanner and check your immo system.

Best do this soon before you do have a problem starting .

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Kind regards Greg