Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have 55 plate fusion flashing light with padlock car wont

Customer Question

I have 55 plate fusion flashing light with padlock car wont start
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

This indicates a fault is detected with one of the vehicles anti theft/security components which has disabled the starting system.This can be an issue with the key itself or the immobilizer that reads the key or even a wiring fault or control unit/ecu fault.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and can read all computers.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.In some cases a dealer can perform a relearn on your vehicle to correct this if the security learn in has been lost in the computers memory.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.