UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I have a 2005 VW passat tdi 130bhp, giving an emissions

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2005...
Hi I have a 2005 VW passat tdi 130bhp, giving an emissions workshop warning. I've just had the front end of the exhaust replaced and this message came up after that, with a loss of power. Turning off igntion seems to help things. Was wondering if the exhaust change had anything to do with this or just coincidence. car has 270000miles on it. My mechanic thinks the back endof the exhaust might be blocked and suggests undoing it to see if power improves - he doesn't do electronic diagnostics but there's someone i can take it to to get it checked on the computer. any thoughts welcomed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
9/20/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
Sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First, the exhaust work just completed needs to be tested for any leaks at the clamps, weld, joints.
Then drop the exhaust and check for bits of converter in the exhaust pipe or muffler clogging them.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager