sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2008 Chrysler Town and Country starts to smoke from under

Customer Question

Hi Tim, my 2008 Chrysler Town and Country starts to smoke from under the hood near the drivers side. It smells strongly like burning paper? What could this be? I do not think it is the y-pipe from the coolant. Is there some known issue?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

By far the most likely cause for this would be a split plastic Y coupler on the heater supply hoses. When they fail they will usually spray onto the exhaust manifold or crossover pipe and cause the smell, along with steam coming out from under the hood. Check your coolant level and you should find it's low. If you see coolant puddled around the transmission, ignition coil, crossover pipe, rear exhaust manifold, etc then you almost certainly have a leaking heater supply Y coupler.