UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I have audi a4 2.0 se 2002 The oil pressure light keep

Customer Question
I have audi a4 2.0...
I have audi a4 2.0 se 2002
The oil pressure light keep coming beeps 2-3 times and then go off.
That usually happens when driving slow (20-30 mph) stuck in traffic or going over bumps.
I been to my local garage and was told it's just a faulty sensor.
The pressure sensor was replaced and now the low oil lvl light is on permanently... And the pressure light keep coming like before...
All so now there is a small oil leak which after 3 times getting the car back to the garage not been fix...
When I Brough the car the oil check tube and stick was missing and a new one been fit
All so the garage change the oil with oil filter and flush the engine...
Any advice will be much appreciated...
I was told to get to the oil sub on this model the hall engine have to be lift up... ?!?!
I
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
9/8/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this has been happening for some time? Does the engine make noise when the light comes on?

it's been going on since I bought the car in April 2015. And no noise really, temperature gage stays bang on in 90 degree C too...
Just a tough would you know what the length ( high) of the oil check tube and the length of the oil check stick for this model would be..? Because I have the oil level light ON ever since the pressure sensor was replaced and tube and stick fit in (they was missing when I brought the car)
And if not correct my oil lvl may be low even if showing correct full on the stick

I will have to check and see if I have the dimensions. Do you know how much oil you added? Also, as the oil pressure been tested with a manual gauge to see if it was actually low?

Sorry no idea how much Oil been added and I don't think the pressure have been measured with gauge...

Thanks. This really needs to be done to see if the pressure is actually low.

FixItMan
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician