Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am out here at the internet looking answer to where the

Customer Question

Hello.. :) My name is***** and I am out here at the internet looking for an answer to where the location of the ground wire on a Toyota Previa is..? I was just about to take it for reparation (the break-what-ever-it-is-called-that gets-rusty..", and the car has been standing still for maybe a month, but now it is completely dead! Its a new starter and it has never behaved that way, and we tried with extra cables from my Ford, but not a thing! So maybe it is some fuse or maybe the grounding wire, but where is it on a Previa 95? That is what I try ti figure out.. ;)
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the main earth wire will be fixed to the negative battery post

so best method is to locate that and follow the earth wire down to see where its fixed to the chassis and the engine

any of these large earth points must be corrosion free and tightly fastened

its also worthwhile measuring the resistance of the earth wire as it should be no more than 1-2 ohms , anything higher than this and the wire will need replacing

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.