Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Can not get phone to pair with Bluetooth in my 09 transit,

Customer Question

Can not get phone to pair with Bluetooth in my 09 transit, it's a 6000cd unit with voice control, phone picks up ford audio but when I enter 0000 it says incorrect code
Also when I press voice button the radio cuts for a second but that's all it does... Done the hold power button reset and tried again... Even cleared my phone and switched off... The mrs's phone not playin ball either.... Van doing my head in and I only got it!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the head unit/radio itself causing this issue here.I have seen this fail or act up before like this here with the head unit needing removed and repaired or replaced.

If no phones will pair up at all and with what is described this sounds like the cause here with it needing repaired or replaced.In some cases a dealer may have updated programming for your vehicles computers that may correct this as well.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radio Is fine.... problem is with voice activated Bluetooth module...
Any suggestions on fixing it without disconnecting battery?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is this a factory blue tooth module or an after market install?

Let me know,thanks Pete.